Friday, September 5, 2008

Portchie Gallery

August has been a good month. I sold most of my paintings at Duncan Yard and a friend who showed furniture and paintings at her house also sold some of my paintings.
I took some paintings to Portchie's Gallery in Pretoria on Wednesday. This is selection week for their annual "New Signatures" exhibition at the end of October. The curator of the gallery liked my work and put it up for sale the same day! Thanks Surona.
Portchie's Gallery is a great place to visit. The one side of the gallery is devoted to the colourfull paintings of Portchie and the other half to various South African artists. There is also a little teagarden with jummy cakes. If you don't know who Portchie is, go to www.portchie.com .
He is a well known and very successfull South African artist. His work is colourful, charming and sure to cheer up any room.



2 comments:

theresamillerwatercolors said...

Hi! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and checking it out. I'm glad you did because now I can see your work, which is beautiful!!! I also love your newsy blog! Have a great day!

Deirdre said...

Thanks Theresa
Hope you find the arty news from South Africa interesting. Happy painting. Deirdre