Sorry for the lack group photos today. My camera's battery was flat. What a let down!! because there were some stunning paintings.
- Today we started on a red background and used cement paint over a crackle effect.
- Colours used is green, red, yellow ocre, burnt umber and white.
- First step is to concentrate on the shadows using burnt umber on the pot and red mixed with green on the flowers.
- Spread the colour on the pot using an oil and varnish mix and start bring in white on highlight areas.
- The flowers are done in shades of reds and pinks with white for highlights.
- The background is started with the burnt umber at the bottom changing to yellow ocre and whites.
- Using the cement paint as a base gives wonderfull texture to the painting.