Today's lesson was all about the use of colour. Looking at these paintings it is amazing that the only colours used were yellow, purple, black and white. By mixing these colours you can create wonderfull greens, pinks, lilacs etc. The canvas was painted in a bright purple.
- Start by using the darkest purple on shaded areas.
- Use darker greens for background shaded areas.
- Then start adding lighter tones next to each other.
- Now start blending the colours and adding where you think it is needed.
- Begin shading the petals of the daisies focusing on where the light is falling.
- Finish of the painting by adding thick white paint on highlighted areas adding leaves and doing the insides of the flowers.